Friday, September 30, 2011

You have to make time for these things.

May I have your attention please....I did it! I've been itching to paint and definitely did not get enough beach days in this summer. Well, guess what - I finally took a day for myself and my art at the beach! Big deal, you say? This takes effort, people. Just me, my watercolors, and my journal. Bliss. Although, when I got to the beach I realized that I would be dealing with some of the leftovers from Hurricane Irene. The boardwalk was broken and the beach was shortened due to the high tides. The Bulldozer was out pushing sand around beeping every time it backed up and shooting smoke out the top. Not my ideal situation, but I wasn't letting it wreck my day! I sat on the jetty, took out my watercolors, brushes, journal, and use the ocean as my wash cup. I stuck my headphones in, put my iPod on shuffle and enjoyed the sunshine. Life is good.


Beach Day Soundtrack for the artist in you:
Dogs - Damien RIce
Somedays - Regina Spektor
Giri's Song - Trevor Hall
Friend Like You - Joshua Radin
Never Too Late - Micheal Franti
Hannah - Freelance Whales
Are We There Yet? - Ingrid Michaelson
Why Waste More Time - Rosie Thomas
Every Tear Drop is a Waterfall - Coldplay
A Little Opera Goes a Long Way - Sky Sailing
Better - Regina Spektor
Little Lion Man - Mumford & Sons
Just Breathe - Pearl Jam
The Heart of the Matter - India.Arie
The Glory of it All - David Crowder Band
Secrets - One Republic
Everybody - Ingrid Michaelson
Samson - Regina Spektor
The Lime Tree - Trevor Hall
I Know I'm Not Alone - Michael Franti

No comments: