Tuesday, August 14, 2007

J.M.

Before today, I've seen his name and read his achievements, just like all of the other artists who worked with us for this particular program. In one of the reviews he said, “The idea of working on an authentic ‘real-life’ project with a large-scale client seemed overwhelming at first, but that is what made it so attractive. Having an opportunity like this encourages students to explore creative avenues in order to find out what may or may not work in real life.”
When I met him today, I was in awe. Really. I don't know what exactly it was that kept me thinking about him all day, but I did. Maybe I was partially jealous of his confidence in his art. Maybe I was jealous that he is persuing his passion. Maybe I was just attracted to his smile and his stature. Maybe I was flattered by the way he got slightly flustered when making small talk with me. I could've stood there all day making small talk with him. Instead, I'll just continue sketching in the journal he designed.

No comments: